Sat, Dec 10|
The Holladay House
Gilded Age Christmas Dinner at The Holladay House
Step back in time and enjoy a traditional late Victorian Christmas dinner in downtown Orange, Virginia!
Time & Location
Dec 10, 2022, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM EST
The Holladay House, 155 W Main St, Orange, VA 22960, USA
About the event
Come to the Holladay House this December and enjoy a Dickensian Christmas with an American twist!
Guests attending the Holladay House's Gilded Age Christmas Dinners will enjoy:
- Introduction to the Holladay House and Gilded Age* Christmas traditions
- A four-course meal catered by Provisions Market Table of Orange consisting of:
- Sweet potato croquette & whole cranberry relish
- Creamy turtle soup
- Thyme-roasted duck with carrots, wild rice, herbed duck sauce
- Christmas pudding
- Choice of Chateau MerrillAnne wines or sparkling apple juice
- Period-appropriate parlor games
Seating is limited to eight guests per dinner.
The Gilded Age was not "gilded" for everyone, nor is Christmas a time of bounty for all our neighbors today. A portion of the proceeds from these dinners will go to the Orange County Children's Toybox, a local nonprofit that has been giving gifts to good girls and boys since 1991.
* The term "Gilded Age" (1870-1900) was coined by Mark Twain as a criticism of conspicuous consumption by American nouveaux riches.
Single Ticket$85.00+$2.13 service feeSale ended